Saturday, November 27, 2010

Where in the world is KATHY?

This is a self-"portrait" (!) in the Memphis airport.  An older couple came along & had pity on me...the little guy took a different photo for me.

C.H. & Suzie Hutchison met me at the Nashville airport when I got in @ 10A.  We ate a delicious morning meal at IHOP...Suzie & I, that is.  C.H.'s order was taken by a different waiter & served to a different customer.  So...to hold body & soul together, after we'd run by the church for me to get the "feel" of the piano, we stopped @ Walmart for some things & C.H. got a McD's "ham-burjer".  Just a little craziness along the way!

When I checked out @ Walmart, I asked the cashier if she attended a church in this area.  She said she did.  I told her I'd wanted to invite her to come hear me play tomorrow morning at the First Church of the Nazarene here in Columbia, TN.  She said, "Do you mean you're a concert pianist?"  "Yes," I replied, "I am."  She grabbed some small envelope there by the cash register & handed it to me with a pen for my autograph!  "That's so I can tell people I actually met a concert pianist here at work!"  She said she might come anyway.  Nothin' like bein' a nobody-"celebrity"!  I'm thinking I'm going to have alot of laughs along this Christmas Concert Tour trail before I get back home on Dec. 23!

Thanks for praying for me.  I really need the Lord to give me rest & strength tonight, so I can play the way He wants me to in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment