Sunday, April 8, 2012

Happy Easter!

Today was a wonderful Easter for me!  My pastor (also my brother-in-law, Roger McCasland) had a different kind of service planned this morning.  He read Scriptures & gave little mini-sermons in-between having the congregation sing different songs in our hymnals relating to Jesus' death & resurrection.  Roger & Christine, my sister, sang a beautiful song at the end of the service: "I Don't Need to Understand".  We were blessed to have several people from our community in our service this morning.  I hope each of you were blessed as well today in your own churches.

A side note:  this past week, I noticed from Kathy Herman's post (she's an incredible author) about Texas bluebonnets, that the flowers I'd picked behind our garage & made into a small kitchen bouquet are also bluebonnets.  They were so pretty that I just had to bring them in for a bouquet, but I didn't know what they were called.  Enjoy the picture of just a few bluebonnets.  At this time of year, I think there are places in Texas (where they get more moisture) that have fields & fields of bluebonnets.  Maybe some of you have seen them!


Again...a blessed & happy Easter to you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment